xLM Solutions has released a new PDM CATIA Integration Tool. The tool is able to deal with non-value-added steps that without it, engineers would have to perform when managing CATIA V5 in PDM. This, in turn, allows engineers to save time and money and focus on value-added steps i.e. engineering and design work.
The solution itself entails:
- The ability to have bi-directional mapping between PDM Variables and CATIA Parameters (title blocks)
- Initiate on demand
- Through a PDM Task
- Ability to batch plot and save CATIA Drawings as PDFs
The features of the new PDM CATIA Integration Tool include:
- Configurable bi-directional metadata mapping of PDM Variables to CATIA Parameters
- Ability to convert CATIA data into derived Outputs i.e. PDF, STEP, etc.
- Performing metadata mapping at derived output creation
- Dynamically determine where the derive output file will be stored i.e. inside PDM or on a network drive
- Dynamically control mapping of data card variables to derived output file
- Ability to extend solutions to meet any customer-specific requirements
Our new tool Improves upon the current management of CATIA data in SOLIDWORKS PDM.