xLM Solutions is well known for its PLM data migration services in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform of solutions.
One of our main focuses is migrating data from the 3DEXPERIENCE Designer Central (DEC) data model to the 3DEXPERIENCE Unified Product Structure (UPS) data model.
A little background first.
Up until 2018, ENOVIA and the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform have managed CAD and BOM data in the Designer Central (DEC) and Engineering Central data model. In 2018, Dassault Systèmes released the Unified Product Structure (UPS) data model, also referred to as “Power’By” data model to manage CAD and BOM data alongside CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE. While Dassault Systèmes continues to support the Designer Central data model, most new functionality and features will be released for the UPS data model.
xLM Solutions Migrates Data from DEC to UPS Data Model
We’re seeing many long-term ENOVIA customers looking to migrate their data from the DEC data model to the UPS data model. At xLM Solutions, we have developed tools and methodologies to conduct the data migration.
Our first step in the process is to analyze how the customer is using their CAD and BOM data and determine the best plans for upgrading their solutions. We evaluate the type and quantity of the data to be migrated.
We follow our tried-and-true process for successful and efficient data migration by:
- Conducting mapping exercises to best map the data from the old data model to the new data model
- Identifying any gaps in the data as we move from the old data model to the new data model and made our recommendations to resolve those gaps
- Mapping over the data and conducting the migration with our tools and methodology
- Testing and validating the data, conducting as many iterations as it takes
- Conducting the final migration
One of tools the tools we use is the ENOVIA Deployment Acceleration Toolkit (EDAT) tool to migrate the data from the old model to the new model.
Read more about EDAT tool in our blog “Is EDAT Enough for your Migration to 3DEXPERIENCE?”
Regardless of which tool we use, we have proven methodologies and extensive migration experience to work with you and make sure to execute your migration and/or upgrade your business to the new 3DEXPERIENCE UPS data model efficiently and effectively. Our goal is to give you the best options so you can grow with new 3DEXPERIENCE solutions.
xLM Solutions at COExperience 2022
We’ll be presenting three different sessions at 2022 COExperience in New Orleans, April 10-13.
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned for Implementing 3DEXPERIENCE with a Collaborative Team While Migrating from a Legacy System to 3DEXPERIENCE, Code 1964
- Migrating Data to 3DEXPERIENCE, Code 1926
- Project Management in 3DEXPERIENCE, Code 1927
If you’d like to meet up during the conference to talk about data model upgrades and data migration, contact us.