Works in conjunction with loading data into 3DEXPERIENCE on the Cloud
As part of the R2023x FD03 release, Dassault Systèmes has introduced a new tool known as the XTA-OC 3DEXPERIENCE Transition Assistant that supports data migration from SOLIDWORKS PDM to 3DEXPERIENCE on the Cloud. This powerful tool is the first of its kind geared toward data migration on cloud and it supports multiple revisions, data mappings and more, but your data must be extremely clean in order for it to work. xLM Solutions has developed a new process and tool sets to help ensure your data migration is a success.
The SolidWorks PDM Reference Clean Up Process from xLM Solutions prepares SOLIDWORKS PDM data for loading into 3DEXPERIENCE on the Cloud and was designed to complement Dassault Systèmes’ new integration framework-based tool, the XTA-OC 3DEXPERIENCE Transition Assistant, found in the R2023x FD03 release.
Our solution uses a two-part process to run and generate a report based on your SOLIDWORKS PDM data and leverages that report to automatically make corrections. Run time depends on the amount of data, but it’s quick, efficient and eliminates the need for time-consuming manual work.
The SolidWorks PDM Reference Clean Up Process is an end-to-end solution that provides everything you need to prepare your data for loading from SOLIDWORKS PDM into 3DEXPERIENCE on the Cloud.
- Reports on missing or broken references
- Identifies situations in which a drawing has a reference to a valid model file, but the model file is missing the corresponding configuration
- Checks for broken references from file to file, as well as from file to configuration
- Checks circular references
- Identifies potentially broken reference files, and creates the reference if found. If not, the tool will create a temporary/holding reference based on a SOLIDWORKS PDM template file to advance the migration process
We’re very excited about the R2023x FD03 release’s new data migration tool for SOLIDWORKS PDM to 3DEXPERIENCE on cloud environments, but we cannot understate the importance of ensuring the data is prepared for the loading process. The load will fail unless your data is clean.
Our process was designed for on-cloud migrations and data clean up from SOLIDWORKS PDM to 3DEXPERIENCE. It can be adjusted to support ENOVIA SmarTeam to 3DEXPERIENCE on the Cloud.
If you’d like more information about the SolidWorks PDM Reference Clean Up Process or other 3DEXPERIENCE data migration solutions, please contact us.