3DEXPERIENCE SMART PART NUMBERING USING EKL
Enhanced configurable tool from xLM Solutions enables users to generate custom part numbers in 3DEXPERIENCE using a selectable prefix and set a dash number value. This tool enables custom or intelligent part numbering.
- The user selectable drop-down list shows that the drop-down value is prepended to an internal counter, based on the prefix, plus the incremental counter and dash number value, to form the custom part number.
- Checks for duplicates and warns users if a duplicate parts number has been created.
- Users can set both enterprise and title fields.
- Users can generate part numbers using this tool on 3DEXPERIENCE public cloud, a private cloud or in an on-premise implementation.
- The solution can be extended or configured to meet customer-specific requirements.
- The solution uses Dassault Systèmes’ Enterprise Knowledge Language (EKL).
- Supports company specific part numbering schemes.
- Allows easy category identification per the part number prefixes.
- Using the dash number, users can automate the process for generating derivative parts.
Watch the video for a demo of how it works in the 3DEXPERIENCE Native Client. This is an enhanced version of a tool originally introduced in 2022. A video on the original version featuring the 3DEXPERIENCE Public Cloud is available here.
Contact us with questions.